Reading time: ~2 m
The value continues to decline from March 12, 2020. On trading platforms, bitcoins worth $ 73.7 billion are stored, and about 68% of them are on 5 major exchanges
The amount of bitcoin stored on trading platforms continues to fall. On March 12, 2020, after the infamous “Black Thursday”, when BTC prices fell from $ 7.6 thousand per coin to $ 3.8 thousand, a little more than 3 million bitcoins were stored on cryptocurrency exchanges, and on May 2, 2022, only 2.481 million bitcoins, as evidenced by data on the cryptoquant.com website.
At the beginning of the month, there was a brief surge in BTC exchange deposits. By May 7, their number increased by 2%, to a local maximum of 2.532 million bitcoins. The following week, the indicator began to decline again. As of May 23, the number of bitcoins on exchanges amounted to 2.503 million.
Of all the $ 73 billion in bitcoins stored on trading platforms, the 5 largest exchanges have accumulated BTC for more than $ 50 billion, Bitcoin.com reports, citing sources.
- Coinbase has approximately 34% of bitcoin from the total volume stored on exchanges. That’s 853,530 BTC, which is valued at about $25.14 billion.
- Binance is the second largest exchange in terms of BTC reserves, as it currently controls 340,410 BTC worth roughly $10 billion (13.58%).
- Okex holds the third largest position in terms of BTC assets: 266,530 BTC, or 10.62% of the total.
- Huobi Global holds the fourth largest position with 160,950 bitcoins (6.39%) stored on the platform.
- Crypto exchange Kraken is the fifth largest holder of BTC with 102,900 bitcoins, or 4.07%.
These five exchanges together own 1.724 million BTC, that is, 68.66% of the total volume of 2.503 million BTC stored on trading platforms.
#amount #bitcoin #crypto #exchanges #decreased #million #million #years